1. Basic approach
Information on users of this website is collected as needed for the smooth operation of the services (provision of information on the Council of Industry-Academia-Government Collaboration, Field for Knowledge Integration and Innovation's [hereinafter, "the Council"] website [hereinafter, "this website"]; distribution of the newsletter; support for matching members and R&D Platforms; the holding of general meetings, seminars, poster presentations, and other events; responses to inquiries; etc.) provided by the Secretariat (Business-Academia Cooperation Office of the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and contractor for Secretariat work) of the Council. The information collected will be handled appropriately within the scope of its intended use.
2. Scope of information collected
- We request the input of names, email addresses, phone numbers, affiliations, etc., when applications for membership, notifications about R&D Platforms, and changes to member information are made.
- We request the input of names, email addresses, phone numbers, affiliations, etc., when applications are made to use trademarks.
- We request the input of names, email addresses, affiliations, etc., when inquiries are made to the Secretariat.
- We request the input of names, email addresses, affiliations, etc., when inquiries are made to R&D Platforms.
- We may request the input of names, email addresses, phone numbers, affiliations, etc., as needed in order to accept applications for participation in events held or jointly held by the Council, etc. Also, we may use external websites as needed. When you use these websites, refer to their policies on the collection and handling of personal information.
- This website collects the following information (hereinafter, "automatically obtained information") from users. Automatically obtained information does not include names, phone numbers, email addresses, or other information for personally identifying users.
Internet domain name, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language setting, IP address, terminal identifier, usage status of the website, cookies (see note).
Note: The cookies collected by this website identify users (the user's browser) by sending session ID information to the user's browser from the web server. These cookies are only valid during the session. The cookies sent from this website's server are deleted from the server when the user logs out or the session times out. Users cannot be personally identified from the information stored in the cookie.
3. Purpose of use
- The information collected in Section 2. (1) is used so that the services provided by the Council that are described in Section 1 can be performed smoothly. Also, information on corporate, group, special, and overseas members that is posted publicly on this website as a list of members so that collaboration can be established among members and R&D Platforms includes corporation or organization name, industry, and country or address in Japan. Information related to R&D Platforms that is publicized on this website includes the area of industry, the name of the R&D Platform, the managing institution, the organizer, the goals, and the members.
- The information collected in Section 2. (2) is used for checking the details of and responding to applications and for requests for reporting on the status of use.
- The information collected in Section 2. (3) is used for checking the details of and responding to applications. Only when required to respond to an inquiry, information, while being appropriately managed, may be shared with departments or ministries related to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- The information collected in Section 2. (4) is shared with the point of contact of R&D Platforms from which users would like a response. The Secretariat of the Council does not keep information related to the details of inquiries.
- The information collected in Section 2. (5) is only used when needed to smoothly run events.
- The information collected in Sections 2. (6) and 2. (7) is used for reference in order to smoothly perform the services provided by this website.
- The information collected in Section 2 may be used for matching members and R&D Platforms and for introductions or disclosures to other members or R&D Platforms. If the personal information of domestic or overseas members will be provided to a domestic or overseas third party, the person in question will first be contacted for confirmation.
4. Limitations on use and provision
Except when the Secretariat of the Council is required to disclose information by law, illegal activities such as unlawful access or threats have occurred, or when there are other special reasons, the information collected will not be used by us or shared with third parties for purposes other than as described in Section 3. However, statistically analyzed information on website access, user affiliation, etc., may be publicized.
5. Safety assurance measures
The Secretariat of the Council takes necessary measures to prevent the collected information from being leaked, lost, or damaged and to otherwise manage the information appropriately.
6. Scope of application
If you have any questions about this PrivacyPolicy, please feel free to contact us at the contact below.
Business-Academia Cooperation Office
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries